Google Pixel 8 Price Hike? Latest Leaks and Speculations
The upcoming launch of the Pixel 8 lineup has excited many fans, who have been eagerly awaiting various improvements such as the Tensor G3 chipset, camera upgrades, and software enhancements. Recently, a leak surfaced, revealing the display specifications of the Pixel 8 lineup. Now, another leak has provided information about the price and specifications of the standard Pixel 8 device. Let’s dive into the details.
Google Pixel 8 Price Hike?
According to reliable tipster Yogesh Brar, the upcoming Pixel 8 will cost $50 to $100 more than its predecessor, the Pixel 7. The starting range for the Pixel 8 is expected to be around $649 (~ Rs 53,600) and $699 (~ Rs 57,800). This means that if you’re planning to purchase this device, it’s time to start saving now!
Although this price hike may be disappointing, it’s not entirely surprising. As some of you may recall, the recently launched Pixel 7a is also $50 more expensive than last year’s Pixel 6a. There are also rumors suggesting that the upcoming iPhone 15 Pro Max might also see a price increase.
Possible Specifications of Google Pixel 8
Here are some of the specifications that we can expect from the Pixel 8:
- Display: A 6.17-inch Full-HD+ OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate
- Chipset: Powered by the new Google Tensor G3 chipset
- RAM and Storage: 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of storage
- Camera: A 50MP primary camera with the Samsung GN2 sensor and OIS support, along with a 12MP ultra-wide sensor. An 11MP selfie camera is also anticipated.
- Battery: A 4,485mAh battery with support for 24W wired fast charging and 12W wireless charging
- Operating System: Expected to ship with Android 14 out of the box
Amidst all these leaked specifications, the most exciting one is the rumored ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanner.
It’s important to note that these leaked details are not yet confirmed, so it’s best to take them with a grain of salt. In the meantime, we’re curious to know your thoughts about the potential price increase for the Pixel 8. Are you willing to pay more for the next Pixel 8 series? Let us know your opinions in the comment section below.
Featured Image: Google Pixel 8 Pro render/OnLeaks